Birmingham City Council is consulting on proposals for a Clean Air Zone that will charge a daily fee for older vehicles wishing to travel within the A4540 Middleway ring road. Commercial vehicle operators will need to ensure their fleet vehicles meet Euro-6 standard for diesel and Euro-4 for petrol to avoid paying a charge. A half-day, free-to-attend roadshow offers an opportunity for commercial vehicle operators and associated businesses to engage directly with the council about its air quality plans.Register Now
When: Thursday 11 October 2018
Where: Villa Park Stadium, Birmingham B6 6HE
Time: 09:00 – 13:00
The roadshow will feature a series of short, informative workshops to help operators future-proof their fleets, with topics including:
- The building of the UK’s first multi-fuel filling station at Tyseley Energy Park
- Role of retrofit in Clean Air Zone compliance
- Leasing, rental, maintenance and residual values of alternative fuel CVs
- Operator experiences from the HGV, bus and van sector on using alternative fuels in their fleets
- Q&Q session with Birmingham City Council
It will also feature an outside display of the latest clean vehicle technology, from current Euro-6 models through to alternatives including electric, hydrogen and gas – giving you the opportunity to speak directly with manufacturers and suppliers on the day.
This free roadshow is a must-attend event for any businesses running or servicing commercial vehicle fleets in Birmingham. It will provide invaluable advice for both local and national operators, so why not register today?
Places do fill up quickly, so please make sure to register your interest as soon as possible.
09:10 Chairman’s Welcome / Housekeeping
- Birmingham’s air quality challenge
- Waseem Zaffar, cabinet member for transport and environment, Birmingham City Council
- Birmingham’s Clean Air Zone discussed
- Sylvia Broadley, Air Quality Manager- Energy & Transport I Planning & Regeneration I Birmingham City Council
- Q&A with delegates
10:15 Workshop sessions
Refuelling, Retrofit and Rentals
- Developing the UK’s first open-access, multi-fuel refilling station and what it will offer to Birmingham operators
- Rental, leasing and maintenance options for alternative fuel commercial vehicles
- Learn about the Clean Vehicle Retrofit Accreditation Scheme; technologies already approved and those in pipeline to enable commercial vehicles to comply with clean air zone regulations
- Three case studies from HGV, van and bus operators of implementing alternative fuel fleet vehicles and how they are performing in real-life operations.
- These sessions will be presented by fleet managers and offer practical information about how to run alternative fuel vehicles: lessons learned, range, duty cycles, upfront costs, maintenance.
Outside vehicle tour
- Explore a wide selection of alternatively fuelled and Euro-6 lorries, vans and buses. Including CNG, electric and hydrogen examples of commercial vehicles on the market today
13:00 Lunch and Networking