Tyseley Incubator for Clean EnergySupporting SMEs and businesses in the low carbon sector who are driving cutting edge energy, waste and mobility solutions.
Funded by the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership the ETC will build on the innovation and research activity located within the recently constructed Birmingham Energy Innovation Centre (BEIC).
By clustering this activity at TEP the intention is to enable a pathway for businesses to improve their competitiveness, develop collaborative opportunities and deploy game changing low carbon technologies across the region.
TICE is offering newly refurbished office, laboratory and industrial unit spaces for businesses delivering low and zero carbon power, transport, heat, waste and recycling solutions.
From July 2021, nine newly refurbished office/lab spaces will be available ranging in size from 250sqft to 800sqft. Click here to view all TICE Space.
The units within the converted mill benefit from a communal lounge, meeting rooms as well as outdoor networking space. The buildings interior are bright and comfortable and the historic building sits alongside a 300 year old manufacturing operation and the newly constructed Birmingham Energy Innovation Centre. Renewable power, heat and broadband is included and companies on site will benefit from a network of passionate technology innovators, academics, scientists, project developers who are all developing technologies that will underpin the transition to low or zero carbon futures.
A range of larger industrial units will be available from the summer of 2022.
Businesses qualifying for acceptance must be a SME interested in low and zero carbon power, transport, heat, waste or recycling solutions. The business will lease the space for a minimum of one-year and have a technology or business model in energy, waste or mobility looking to benefit from:
- Secure renewable power from the on-site biomass power plant
- Access to meeting rooms, joint working collaboration space and outdoor breakout spaces
- Onsite tool room and tool maker
- Access to University of Birmingham Laboratory facilities for testing and analytical services
- Collaboration opportunities with like-minded businesses on site
- Access to TEP’s network from the public sector, industry, business and academia.
- Access to further plots and buildings for testing and demonstration
Find out more by contacting: [email protected]