Motor Transport is hosting a second Birmingham Clean Air Roadshow on 10 October to provide vital information and support to HGV and van operators ahead of the city’s Clean Air Zone roll-out by July 2020.
At this free-to-attend, half-day event you’ll hear directly from Birmingham City Council about the scheme’s launch plans and the essential actions operators must take to ensure your fleet is compliant.Register Now
When: Thursday 10 October 2019
Where: Villa Park Stadium, Birmingham B6 6HE
Time: 08:30 – 14:00
Delegates will hear from vehicle experts about market-ready and emerging alternatively-fuelled commercial vehicles and their uses, as well as public-access infrastructure to refuel them.
Birmingham City Council will ensure a team is on hand throughout the event to talk to affected businesses about fleet upgrades, available grants, time-frame to comply and how the scheme will be enforced.
Operators will also have the chance to take a tour of our low and zero carbon refuelling station, the first of it’s kind in the UK. The refuelling station is based at Tyseley Energy Park and offers natural gas, hydrogen, electric and biofuel options for commercial vehicle users.
08:30 – Registrations open
09:25 – Welcome from event chair
09:30 – Birmingham City Council session, with questions welcomed from audience:
- Keynote address from Councillor Waseem Zaffar, Cabinet Member for Transport and Environment at Birmingham City Council
- Clean Air Zone launch plans: Sylvia Broadley, Air Quality Manager- Energy & Transport, Planning & Regeneration, Birmingham City Council
11:00 – Small working groups, with topics including:
- Future of fuels – insight into the direction of travel for commercial vehicle technology and guidance on selecting the right fuel for your operation today.
- Vehicle technology now and to come: impartial guidance as to the range of new vans and HGVs already on the market, and those in the pipeline
- Be prepared: a council-run workshop helping you with the finer details on how to ready your operation in time for the Clean Air Zone, from applying for grants through to exploring whether exemptions apply to your fleet
- Case studies of operators already making the transition away from diesel
13:00 – Lunch
14:00 – Depart for tours of the Tyseley Energy Park low and zero carbon refuelling station (free transport provided).
The half-day event is free to attend, but make sure to register online as soon as possible, as places do fill up quickly.